Now becoming a tradition, the Robiroost hosted a beer tasting as a New Years Eve party. It has been and is such an event that there seems to always be a contingent of attendees who don’t even like/drink beer. Happy to have them there.
Everyone attending came from our Dragonfly Cohousing circle except a contingency from Regina who was passing through bring with them some delightful drink from Bushwakker brewery and debates about workers unions.
The sampling came from those sampling and what a delicious review. The evening’s top four of twelve are as follows:
- Trois Pistoles (Unibroue)
- Maximus IPA (Lagunitas)
- Innis & Gunn Spiced Rum Finish – (Innis & Gunn)
- Chimay Tripel (Bières de Chimay)
Then we had a 4-way tie. The middle ones were:
- Blackberry Mead (Bushwakker)
- Winter Beard Double Chocolate Cranberry Stout (Lakes of Muskoka)
- BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout (Flying Monkeys)
- Chico IPA (Bushwakker)
The lowest scoring, though by no means bad brews:
- XXXXX Stout (Pike)
- Trephination Double IPA (Bushwakker)
- Attilla the Honey (Mt. Begbie)
- Apricot Summer Weizen (Okanagan Spring)
A great time, hopefully to be replicated annually. Happy New Year!